Art Access/VSA Utah
Location: Salt Lake City
Status: Part Time (20 hours per week)
Seeking experienced grants writer with development skills in individual, corporate, and foundation donor solicitation.
Nonprofit arts education organization, Art Access/VSA Utah, seeks a dynamic, personable candidate with successful experience in grant writing and research, fundraising development, and donor relations. Position reports to Executive Director and communicates with Board of Directors (reporting quarterly at board meetings), as well as acts as a representative of the organization to the public.
• Develop case statements and other strategic funding plans.
• Focus on identifying new potential donors (individuals, corporations and foundations).
• Serve as staff liaison for board of director’s Development Committee.
• Coordinate and facilitate cottage and salon meetings, and special fundraising events in the Art Access Gallery.
• Manage financial giving calendar.
• Oversee donor acknowledgement and recognition.
• Coordinate annual appeal campaign.
• Manage and update GiftWorks software and database.
• Compose and submit grant applications.
• Assist with the annual 300 Plates Fundraiser event.
• Cultivate and track in-kind donations.
• Perform other duties as necessary; such as planning and coordinating
fundraising event opportunities, providing content and input for newsletters
and website; etc.
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and have 5 or more years of nonprofit fundraising and development experience.
The ideal candidate possesses the following: excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to represent Art Access/VSA Utah in a positive and professional manner; the capability to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors; strong oral and written communication skills; the ability to work with donors, community leaders, the public, and co-workers professionally and as part of a team; and is a self starter with demonstrated ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects and problem-solve. Also needs to possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, and an understanding of fundraising development practices, trends and issues. Must have the highest standards of personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality and be sensitive to donor concerns. Needs to be comfortable interacting with people with disabilities, a nonprofit board of directors, and a diverse community. Candidate must be able to pass a background check.
Also required: Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage, as well as awareness of GiftWorks fundraising software.
Art Access/VSA Utah is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply: Please E-MAIL cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com with the following subject line title: Development Position.
Closing Date: August 5, 2010