|Job Title||Manager, Marketing|
|Working Title||Director of Marketing|
|Standard Hours per Week||40|
|Work Schedule Summary||M-F, 8-5, occasional evenings and weekends|
|Department||00018 - Utah Museum of Natl Hist Oper|
|Type of Recruitment||External Posting|
|Pay Rate Range||$70,000 to $80,000/yr DOE|
NOTE: May close at anytime.
|Open Until Filled|
NOTE: May close at anytime.
|Job Summary||The Director of Marketing develops and implements strategic marketing plans for the Natural History Museum; works collaboratively with other museum departments to create admission-driving strategies that combine the work of exhibits, programs, events, promotions, advertising, publicity, and membership; and provides leadership on brand management and extension.|
|Responsibilities||1. Maximizes earned revenues by driving attendance through traditional, digital, and social media promotion and advertising;|
2. Conducts, analyzes, shares results of, and responds to market, audience, and attendance research;
3. Manages ad agency relationship including developing media planning and leveraged buying;
4. Collaborates with various museum departments to ensure customer satisfaction by analyzing complaints, concerns, and suggestions and providing appropriate follow-through;
5. Develops strategic partnerships for audience development and corporate sponsorships;
6. Represents the Museum to community organizations and University-wide marketing committees;
7. Oversees graphic design of promotional and marketing materials;
8. Manages the Museum website strategy and support functions;
9. Participates on the Museum’s Leadership Team and works with the advisory board, setting strategic direction for the Museum;
10. Manages marketing, promotional, and advertising budget;
11. Manages staff, providing professional development opportunities and conducting ongoing staff performance evaluation.
|Minimum Qualifications||Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency and four to six years of progressively more responsible management experience. Background knowledge of hiring department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department. Master’s degree in a related area may be preferred.|
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
|Preferences||Marketing experience in driving attendance important; non-profit and/or attraction marketing experience preferred; experience managing staff, ad agency relationship, and budgets important.|
|Additional Information||This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.|
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
|Special Instructions Summary||A resume, list of at least 3 references, and a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the job description must be submitted with your electronic application.|
Application review will begin July 15, 2013, and continue until the position is filled.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this position?
- University of Utah Web Page
- Internet: search engine, online job board, etc.
- University of Utah employee referral
- Career Services / Campus Job Fair
- Community / Government Agency
- Other / Unknown
- * Do you have a related Bachelor's degree or equivalency? (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education)
- * How many years of progressively more responsible management experience do you have?
- Less than 2 years
- 2 year or more, but less than 4 years
- 4 years or more, but less than 6 years
- 6 years or more, but less than 8 years
- 8 years or more
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Form D D-214 (Member Copy 4) - Veteran Only - Call 801.581.2169 after submission
- Addendum to the University of Utah - Veteran Only - Call 801.581.2169 after submission
Apply here: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/25138