Job Title: Accounts Payable Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Summary: Assume full-charge responsibilities for AP accounting procedures.
Report to: Controller
Additional contacts include:
Department Heads, Symphony and Opera Staff
· Preparing and analyzing and input of all invoices for proper approval, use of purchase order system, and coding. Preparation of check processing, issuing and mailing of checks.
· Storage and organization of all historical financial records
· Reconcile credit cards and prepare for payment and posting
· Audit assistance
· General Assistance to the V.P. Finance & CFO
· Attend concerts and performances as required.
· All other projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. College training in Accounting Practices and or a minimum of 2 years Accounts Payable experience.
2. Computer literate in Word, Excel and use of Accounting Packages
3. Highly organized in office skills, attention to detail and multi tasking
4. Professional work ethics and ability to co-ordinate with other staff
5. Ability to keep information confidential
6. Physically move boxes weighing less than 50 lbs.
The preceding description reflects the general responsibilities of the position and shall not be considered as all-inclusive of the requirements, which may be inherent in the job. This description does not in any way constitute a contract between the employee and Utah Symphony & Opera.