Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director will increase and enhance development efforts at the Utah Film Center. The Development Director will oversee the growth of all aspects of individual, foundation and corporate giving here in Salt Lake City, from new funders around the state, and other from national sources. This position will work closely with the development activities of the Board of Trustees, development staff and festival advisory committees. The Development Director will play a key role in planning and executing high-level special events, as well as growing the membership and VIP donor cultivation/stewardship events.
- Execute the Utah Film Center’s current annual fundraising plan and develop the plans for the years forthcoming.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Refine and execute strategies to grow a sustained base of annual individual donors to increase membership and formalize a major gift program
- Manage planning and execution of large, high profile ticketed special events as well as smaller receptions, house party fundraisers, and VIP stewardship events
- Oversee the tracking of proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Oversee solicitation and stewardship strategies for individual, corporate and foundation donors.
- Research new sources of funding and develop relationships in partner communities of the Utah Film Circuit
- Provide staffing and prospecting support for the Board of Directors and the Development Committee to increase solicitation activity
- Oversee promotional, solicitation, and stewardship print or electronic materials for individual membership/donor program.
- Represent the Utah Film Center at various community events and at Utah Film Center screenings in Salt Lake City and other partner communities as required.
- Development/Fundraising: Proven success in development for a large nonprofit.
- 5+ years minimum experience in Development required in a comparable or larger non-profit. Development management experience highly desirable.
- Proven track record in cultivating and developing prospective donors leading to successful "asks." Face-to-face experience in closing individual major gifts and foundation gifts is required.
- Experience with capital campaigns a plus
- Strong understanding of donor software programs such as SalesForce/Convio.
- Advanced event-planning experience required.
- Project Leadership: Proven experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to a board of directors
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, train and motivate staff.
- Hard working, self-motivated, and creative individual with ability to manage multiple areas of responsibility.
- The ability to perform multiple tasks with highly effective time management and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to research and forge new ones
- Communications: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising, including the ability to articulate the Film Center’s mission and needs to diverse groups.
- Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
- Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
- Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives; Self-confident, flexible and adaptable and able to work collaboratively with a variety of volunteer leaders and staff.
- Relationship Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, both internally and externally
- Ability to garner the respect and trust of the Executive Director, the Utah Film Center Board, various fundraising committees, and donors.
- Sound judgment and ability to exercise complete discretion when dealing with confidential information.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary Commensurate with Experience. Eligible for full benefits package including: vacation and holiday pay, paid sick time, retirement accounts, medical & dental insurance.
Please submit cover letter, resume, references, and recent salary history to Holly M. Yocom at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Position open until filled.