If you stay up late this Saturday night, at 2am (technically on Sunday, Sept. 29) KUEN (Channel 9) will broadcast our complete TV feature, Red Rock Rondo: Zion Canyon Song Cycle.
This is the 60 minute program produced by Western Folklife Center and KUED that won two regional Emmy Awards, for Best Arts Entertainment Program and Best Musical Composition.
Many of you have seen the excerpts kindly broadcast over the past few years by KUED, but here's your chance to see the complete program, which includes ten songs. It tells the stories behind our songs in beautiful cinematography.
Other news: a fine photographer, Lex Anderson, took a bunch of great photos of us at our last two concerts. They include performance shots of the Romneys and Leon Lewis. You can take a look at them at his website: http://lexanderson.smugmug.com/music
And here are some interesting items about Red Rock Rondo members:
• Phillip Bimstein was featured last weekend in the Salt Lake Tribune, along with a GREAT picture of Piximon, one of his musical cats! It's all in "Composer's life more than just creating art."
• Charlotte Bell has opened up a wonderful new yoga studio, Mindful Yoga Collective, and it's featured in a Salt Lake Tribune story, "The great yoga debate."
• Harold Carr plays with the Mark Chaney Trio: 9/25 & 10/14, 7-10pm at Gracie's, and every Thursday 8-11pm at the Garage. Plus he plays with Good Grass, 10/6, 6-9pm, at Gracie's.
• Hal Cannon plays with 3hatstrio 9/28 at 4pm at the Zion Canyon Music Festival in Springdale.
• Kate MacLeod plays a free concert featuring book-inspired songs from her new album 9/29, 4:30pm at the downtown Salt Lake City Library for the Utah Humanties Council Book Festival.
• Flavia Cervino-Wood now teaches classical, folk and improvisation on the violin at
Wasatch Music Coaching Academy.