Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
123 West South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT
Full-Time, Marketing Department
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (USUO) is seeking an experienced Sales Manager to manage the organization’s telemarketing and telefundraising efforts, which includes series package sales, promotions, and telefundraising for the Utah Symphony, Utah Opera, and the Deer Valley® Music Festival. The Sales Manager reports to the Director of Ticket Sales & Patron Services and will work closely with USUO’s Marketing and Development (Fundraising) departments. This position works out of USUO’s call room in Bountiful, UT and includes evening and Saturday shifts.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Hire, train, and retain quality Patron Services Sales Associates maintaining a minimum of 8 sales associates at 20 hours/week
- Successfully reach revenue goals with the sales team
- Develop materials for sales associates, including scripts and training resources
- Provide daily and weekly sales reports
- Develop and implement telemarketing and telefundraising sales plans
- Develop lead segmentation and manage sales lead inventory
- Supervise and direct activities of Patron Services Sales Associates on-site; lead staff in a manner that lifts morale and creates a positive work environment
- Distribute relevant information and communicate policies and procedures to Patron Services Sales Associates in a timely manner; organize and direct weekly sales meetings with staff; generate staff schedule
- Establish overall and weekly goals for telemarketing and telefundraising campaigns under direction of Director of Ticket Sales & Patron Services
- Motivate staff through incentive and recognition programs
- Assist Patron Services Sales Associates with handling patron care issues
- Monitor the performance of each Patron Services Sales Associate; assist staff in development of sales skills; coach and encourage staff on a daily basis to reach ticket sales and fundraising goals
- Process completed sales and contributions
- Record customer service issues and pledges
- Attend weekly marketing and pacing meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, sales, or related field or equivalent experience. Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills; ability to create a positive work environment and motivate employees; ability to work well under deadline and to manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to work independently and as part of a team; high level of initiative and creativity; attention to detail and excellent organizational skills; excellent phone and computer skills.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com or Utah Symphony | Utah Opera, 123 West South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101.