Utah Film Center
PR & Communications Coordinator
The Communications Coordinator, in collaboration with the Marketing Manger, is responsible for all of Utah Film Center’s public relations, media relations, social media and external communications planning and implementation. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Support the strategy, development, and organization of the Utah Film Center communication and public relations plan, designed to create and maintain public image, while actively keeping the community informed of its programs and accomplishments. Promote goodwill through publicity efforts including speeches, events, screenings, tours, and question/answer sessions.
- Develop copy for marketing and development pieces.
- Work with Marketing Manager on e-blasts, invites and other external communication pieces.
- Collaborate with Development team on media sponsorship program.
- Work with Outreach Manager to identify and staff community outreach opportunities.
Social Media and Website
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop and implement a comprehensive social media plan built around brand awareness.
- Create and curate content for website and social media channels.
- Identify and target public relations opportunities including local and national awards, partnerships in related professional groups, and local government
- Write and distribute press releases and media alerts to local, regional, and national media outlets.
- Pitch stories to local, regional, and national media outlets.
- Coordinate interviews and interview requests for filmmakers, guests and Utah Film Center staff.
- Monitor media and provide monthly reports including clippings packages.
- Staff Utah Film Center screenings and assist in event planning.
- Create a media report – in collaboration with Marketing Manager - for quarterly board meetings.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or a related field and experience in writing, editing and producing print and/or electronic communications or other directly related experience. A combination of education and experience may meet qualifications.
Knowledge of various computer systems and applications, specifically blog and social media platforms. Ability to work effectively with people. Creative contributor and problem solver with excellent attention to detail. Good organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form. Knowledge of communication research, planning and strategy.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary Commensurate with Experience. Eligible for full benefits package including: vacation and holiday pay, paid sick time, retirement accounts, medical & dental insurance.
Please submit cover letter, resume, references, and recent salary history to Sarah Mohr at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Position open until filled.