Salt Lake City Arts Council
12-15 hours a week
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to Kelsey Moon at firstname.lastname@example.org
A criminal background check and chemical screening will be required.
Mondays & Tuesdays: 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Thursdays (twice a month): 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Fridays (once or twice a month): 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturdays (as needed): Hours will be based on event
One staff meeting a month: Monday, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
The gallery assistant serves as a representative and host of the Arts Council and the Finch Lane Gallery during special events and programs.
The gallery assistant performs the following duties, which typically do not exceed 12 hours per week:
1) Set-up, take-down, and cleaning for Art Council programs such as the Guest Writers Series, gallery receptions, literary readings, and rentals. This includes setting up tables, chairs, podium, and microphone.
2) Ensures the gallery and building are clean for gallery visitors. This may include: sweeping the entry way indoors and outside, making sure the restrooms are clean (wipe down counter tops and restock supplies), wiping down tables and chairs, and cleaning glass and windows.
3) Closing down the building which includes: locking and securing all building doors, setting the alarm system, and turning off the lights.
4) Serving as a host to the Finch Lane Gallery which may include: welcoming gallery visitors, facilitating the sale of artwork, and answering questions about the exhibitions or Arts Council programs.
5) Serve as an assistant for gallery installation which may include: creating and installing labels, price lists, door signage, or other gallery documents.
6) Other duties and responsibilities as assigned which may include: data entry, updating databases, maintaining files.
Abilities and Skills Required
- Good communication skills for interaction with public, staff, and renters
- Physical ability to clean, move furniture and pedestals, and other similar tasks
- Microsoft Office skills for basic Word processing and data entry
- Good judgment and ability to make independent decisions regarding certain aspects of job responsibilities
- Represent the Arts Council to the public in a positive fashion
- Good documentation skills including photography and descriptive writing