Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Marketing Communications Manager @ Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (Deadline: Jan 17)
Marketing Communications Manager
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
Full-Time | Marketing Department
123 West South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (USUO) is seeking a creative individual to be responsible for developing
copy for advertisements as well as overseeing USUO’s social media and content marketing strategies.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Researching and writing clear, persuasive copy for marketing projects.
• Developing and presenting creative concepts for advertisements.
• Proofreading marketing materials.
• Managing radio & TV promotions and ticket giveaways.
• Managing social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities.
• Developing and publishing content for social media channels and blogs.
• Converting social media users into audience members through social media advertising and content
• Developing and executing online content marketing strategies.
• Attending performances and events to develop content for social media channels and engage with
• Monitoring social media campaigns and providing reporting and analysis of efforts.
• Working with the ticket office to respond to customer services issues and questions via social media.
• Monitoring trends in social media technologies, tools, and applications.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor or Associate degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
• Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated creativity
• In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their participants.
• Ability to be both highly creative and analytical.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Experience with WordPress preferred.
• Interest in Classical Music and Opera.
• Flexibility with schedule and responsibilities.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Graphic Design experience for web using Photoshop.
Salary commensurate with experience. Paid vacation and sick-leave, health benefits, and
complimentary and discounted tickets to performances.
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera serves the people of Utah and beyond as the premier provider of the
orchestral and operatic art forms. Our vision is to connect the community through great live music with
performances at Abravanel Hall, Capitol Theatre, the Deer Valley® Music Festival and through our
state-wide education programs. With an annual budget of $18 million, we serve over 350,000 people
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by
January 17 to email@example.com with Marketing Communications Manager in the subject line.