Level 1 Education Presenter -Deliver engaging, high-energy educational presentations to visitors on a variety of topics while safely handling animals.
Job Description: Company: The Living Planet Aquarium (TLPA)
Position: Level 1 Education Presenter
2 part-time positions
Mon-Thur 8:30am-2pm shift with every other weekend on call
Mon-Thur 2pm-7:15pm shift with every other weekend on call
Reports to: Director of Education
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand, support and share with others TLPA’s mission and vision.
• Deliver engaging, high-energy educational presentations to visitors on a variety of TLPA topics.
• Interact effectively with TLPA visitors of all ages in a positive and pleasant manner.
• Safely handle a variety of animals (spiders, snakes, insects, lizards, etc.) with a comfortable demeanor.
• Prepare, manage and utilize presentation supplies and materials appropriately.
• Represent TLPA at special and promotional events as needed.
• Additional duties as assigned by Director of Education.
Qualifications Necessary to Perform the Job:
• Dynamic public speaking skills – performing arts experience a plus
• Experience interacting with children and youth, small groups and/or large audiences
• Confident ability in handling animals, especially reptiles, insects and spiders
• Knowledge of marine biology, zoology and/or ecology with willingness to increase knowledge through ongoing training and professional development
• Model outstanding work ethic, manage own schedule and be dependable and punctual
Physical Demands of the Job:
• Involves standing for long periods of time.
• Must be able to occasionally lift 30 pounds.
• Must have the energy to maintain a high-energy, positive presentation style for duration of shift.
Special working conditions:
• Requires handling a variety of animals in a safe manner.
• Must interact with diverse populations.
• Schedule includes being on call every other weekend.
• TLPA employees wear issued uniforms and adhere to dress code standards.
How to Apply: Submit cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: When filled
Salary: $9.00 hour
Contact Name: Tannen Ellis