Concerto Night Features Weber’s Best Musicians
Who: Weber State University Department of Performing Arts
What: Weber State Symphony Orchestra Concerto Night
When: Sunday, 14 April 2013, 7:30 pm
Where: Austad Auditorium, Val A. Browning Center for the Performing Arts.
Tickets: 1-800-WSU-TIKS $4 students, seniors & those w/Military I.D./$5 all others
Weber State University Department of Performing Arts presents the Weber State Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Dr. Michael Palumbo, in the annual Concerto Night concert Sunday, April 14, at 7:30 pm, Austad Auditorium, Val A. Browning Center for the Performing Arts. This is the fourth and final concert of the 2012-13 season and will mark the finale of Music Director Michael Palumbo’s tenure at WSU. He will be retiring after thirty-one years as the Director of Orchestral Studies, Professor of Viola, and head of the String Area at WSU. Children 8 and over are welcome to attend.
This year’s concert features six students who were chosen by audition in February.
• Violinist Marianne Asmus will perform Tzigane by Maurice Ravel
• Rachel Bigelow will play the first movement of the Saint-Saëns Cello Concerto in a
• Maxwell Cox will perform the first movement of Domenico Dragonetti’s Concerto in A for String Bass
• and soprano Catherine Omer will sing Je dis, que Rien ne m’épouvante, from “Carmen,” by Bizet.
In addition, on this concert the first movements of both piano concertos of Chopin will be played.
• Ling-Yu Lee will play the first movement of the Piano Concerto No. 1 in e
• previous Concerto Night winner Fan-Ya Lin will play the first movement from the Piano Concerto No. 2 in f.
Tickets are $6 for students, seniors, WSU employees and those with military I.D. All others are $7. They can be purchased at the Dee Events Center Ticket Office, 1-800-WSU-TIKS, or at the Browning Center Box Office beginning one hour before the performance. This concert is partially funded by student fees.
For more information about this concert, contact Dr. Michael Palumbo, 801 626 6991 or firstname.lastname@example.org.