Location: Ballet West
Status: Full Time
The Accounting Manager provides direction & leadership to Accounting for Ballet West.
Job Description: BALLET WEST
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Accounting Manager provides direction & leadership to Accounting for Ballet West. Prepares all necessary monthly financial reports, manages all aspects of Company’s cash flow, prepares monthly payroll, tracks and provides financial information for all government/grant applications and reports. Manages bank loans and relationships with bankers. Prepares Annual Company Budget. manages Annual Audit process. Ensures regulatory compliance in financial areas. Serves as staff support to Ballet West’s Finance Committee. Assists Executive Director in labor contract negotiations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
While other duties may be assigned, the following represents the essential duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare monthly income and expense statements in compliance with GAAP standards
• Forecast cash needs and cash flow timing to provide for effective and timely distribution of funds
• Provide timely assistance and guidance in the preparation of annual departmental budgets
• Assist Executive Director in coordinating departmental operational decisions
• Maintain accurate accounting records and procedures in accordance with GAAP
• Establish and implement financial controls for recording of revenues and of expenditures
• Establish and maintain strong professional relationships with all vendors, and suppliers
• Maintain and manage personnel files and records
• Manage annual Audit and reviews and approves the form 990.
• Negotiate and manage office equipment and maintenance agreements and contracts
• Supervise accounts payables and receivables
• Meet and report, as needed, with and to Executive Director, Finance and Executive Committees and the General Board.
• Assist Executive Director in labor and contract negotiations
• Supervise day-to-day operation of accounting department and staffing.
Manages Assistant to Accounting Manager, Accounting Assistant/AP Clerk
To perform this job successfully, the individual must have experience in budgeting, financial planning, preparation of monthly financial statements, cash flow management, payroll and government fiscal/grant reporting and annual audit preparation and management,
billing and banking oversight and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Accounting with 5 years of progressively responsible accounting and supervisory experience in an accounting environment. Experience in a not-for-profit environment helpful, but not essential.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret GAAP financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from staff, artists, Trustees, regulatory agencies and members of the community. Ability to write and analyze financial reports and documents that conform to GAAP style and format. Ability to effectively represent information to upper management, public and Board of Trustees.
A working knowledge of the Windows environment, specifically Word, and Excel is essential.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of the Company Manager. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Because some travel is involved, the employee may be exposed to varying work environments.
Time off and vacations must be approved by the Executive Director and will be subject to the Company’s performance, touring and rehearsal schedules.
SUMMARY STATEMENT This position requires that the individual work well within the deadline pressures both as an effective team member and independently on assigned projects.
How to Apply: Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: Johan Jacobs