Director of Development
Red Butte Garden
See all ads from Roxanne Kulakowski
Location: Red Butte Garden
Status: full time
Summary (20 word max; used for enews blast): Directs all development activities involved with the solicitation of donations from individuals, corporations, foundations and government agencies for Red Butte Garden. This may include directing and coordinating efforts to solicit and secure gifts of various amounts including gifts of significant value and/or developing, planning and coordinating the Annual Giving Program.
Job Description: 1. Direct the Garden’s capital campaign, endowment, planned giving and annual operating support fundraising efforts.
2. Develop strategies and goals to increase fund-raising effectiveness including corporate gift giving, capital campaigns, planned giving, annual giving, major gifts, grant acquisitions, special events and telemarketing.
3. Primary direct responsibility for soliciting and obtaining planned gifts, capital gifts, endowment and major gifts to the Garden.
4. Obtain governmental funding for the Garden’s needs as appropriate.
5. Develop and administer the departmental budget. Monitor gift accounts including endowed and expendable funds to ensure they are being managed in accordance with the donor's gift agreements
6. Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate departmental staff.
7. Develop long term relationships with donors. Responsible for cultivating prospects as potential donors to the Garden.
8 . Ensure appropriate recognition of donors, oversee annual donor newsletters and communications for special events.
9. Provide primary staff support for board fundraising-related committees within the Garden.
10. Ensure that proper records are kept for all donor solicitations.
11. Participate as part of the Garden’s management team, including Master Planning and Strategic Planning processes.
12. Meet annual fundraising goals for the department.
13. Meet annual donor contact goals and provide a monthly accounting of donor contacts to the Executive Director, including submitting these donor contracts to the
University Advance System.
How to Apply: http://www.employment.utah.edu/
Closing Date: May 31, 2011
Salary: compensatory with experience
Contact Name: Roxanne Kulakowski