Job Purpose: Visitor Services and Ticket Operations for The Leonardo guests.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Collaborates with: Facilities, Security, Volunteers, Finance, and IT Staff
Hours: Various hours including evenings and some weekends and holidays
Scope of Duties:
• Develop, implement and maintain procedures for admission ticketing system (Explorer). Including working with the Finance and IT staff to ensure terminal set-up, reliable operability, maintenance and periodic updates to the admissions software and hardware to facilitate ticketing and reporting needs.
• Lead the daily operations of the admissions desk with a focus on customer service, organization and efficiency ensuring visitors are attended to professionally and promptly.
• Act as the primary manager of The Leonardo Ticketing and reservation system and database. Establish data entry protocol and ensure that all staff and volunteers are trained to use the system properly.
• Schedule, train, and supervise admission staff, ensuring adherence to admission procedures, outgoing information is current and accurate, daily register is balanced and secure until it is transmitted to the Finance Office.
• Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the exhibits and services available and communicate that information in a style consistent with The Leonardo Image.
• Serves as an advocate for the visitor while simultaneously promoting the welfare of the Museum; communicates with a variety of visitors with diverse interest and abilities to ensure a positive Museum experience; resolves visitor concerns and complaints to their satisfaction and the Museum's.
• Work with the Manager of Education as school/group tours are scheduled to ensure proper invoicing, and accepting of payments ; input and process of sales income; works with the Director of Finance and Administration to ensure Museum payment policies and procedures are followed, and record keeping is accurate and timely to maintain financial and data integrity.
• Generate reports for Marketing including details such as total number of visitors, how they heard about the Museum, area of origin, etc.
• Generate reports for the Finance Office to reconcile activity as needed for financial statements.
• Assist in preparing the annual Visitor Services and Volunteer department budget and monitor approved budget following fiscal procedures.
• Supervise the hiring, evaluating, and terminating visitor services staff and volunteers.
• Assist with the implementation and enforcement of The Leonardo standard uniform protocol for the admission desk, employees and volunteers.
• Participate in appropriate committee activities such as attending monthly meetings and providing administrative support as needed.
• Assist the Director of Operations, Facility, and Security Manager in developing, implementing and maintaining Museum Emergency Handbook, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements, way signage, and identification for all staff, volunteers and business office visitors.
• Network with other Museum Visitor Service and Volunteer Managers and applicable local organizations.
• Assist the Volunteer Coordinator to develop, implement and maintain an on-going formal volunteer program that includes a working database to track history, skills, volunteer schedules, and hours; promote volunteer opportunities in recruiting additional volunteers; and, work with staff to create and use volunteer service where possible.
• Assist the Volunteer Coordinator to organize, coordinate and train volunteers for the Museum, visitor services and administrative support including, but not exclusive to: visitor information, docents, gallery attendants, receptions and public service attendants; bulk mailing, special events, membership promotions at community, civic and onsite events, and, general assistance with Museum programs.
• Assist the Volunteer Coordinator to develop, implement and maintain an annual recognition for volunteers and be willing to staff events when volunteers are not available.
• Perform other duties as assigned from time-to-time.
• Manage the launching of the Explorer Ticket System for sales of The Leonardo Tickets.
• Hire, Train, and schedule Ticket and Phone sales staff to manage communication and sell tickets to patrons. Must be completed by opening day
• Train Education Staff to manage field trip ticket booking and purchases. Must be completed by opening Day
• Work with the Finance Department to create a solid reporting system between the ticket system and accounting reports 2 weeks prior to opening day
• Work with the Membership Staff to launch the sales of memberships online and over the phone 2 weeks before opening day.
• Bachelor's Degree with course work in business or arts administration preferred.
• Three years of related customer service work experience including at least two years of supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Solid computer skills; knowledge of ticketing point of sales systems highly desirable.
• Knowledge of visitor service principles, practices, and procedures; knowledge of arts and/or leisure audiences preferred.
• Knowledge of financial record-keeping practices and procedures; ability to type numeric entries using ten key and make basics calculation accurately; cash handling, and general office procedures and practices: excellent business math skills.
• Knowledge of centralized ticket sales operations and practices
• Ability to develop and implement effective initiatives and strategies to ensure consistent excellent customer service in all areas of the public Museum.
• Ability to understand and implement the Museum's mission, activities, services and programs; interpret Museum policies and procedures for the visitor; suggest solutions and initiatives to refine policies and systems.
• Ability to train, direct, supervise, evaluate, and motivate staff and volunteers.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment; adhere to deadlines; demonstrate flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and members of the public; exercise tact and diplomacy at all times; demonstrate an understanding of protocol and sensitivity to cultural diversity issues.
• Ability to work some weekends, holidays and special event hours.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
How to Apply: To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, up to five professional references, and any relevant portfolio material to Chris Davies, email@example.com, as soon as possible. This position is open until noon on Monday, May 23, 2011. Application materials will not be returned, so please send only duplicates. The Leonardo is an equal-opportunity employer for all persons without regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, age, physical, mental or educational disability, sexual orientation, and/or status as a veteran.
Closing Date: May 23, 2011
Salary: Salary: Dependent on experience.
Contact Name: CHRISTOPHER DAVIES