Location: 209 E 500 S, SLC, UT 84111
Status: full time
The Office Manager oversees office management as outlined in the scope of duties, as well as provides direct secretarial and administrative support for the Office of the Executive Director.
Job Description: Reports to: Office of the Executive Director (Peter Giles, Executive Director & Alexandra Hesse, Associate Executive Director).
Collaborates with: All Departments.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:45am – 6:00pm, plus attendance to events as requested.
Scope of Duties:
• Manage Office of the Executive Director’s calendar, including scheduling and confirming appointments, updating the Office of the Executive Director on upcoming appointments with prospective donors, board members, consultants & staff.
• Provide Office of the Executive Director with necessary meeting materials, including agendas, presentation materials, driving & parking directions, etc.
• Produce correspondence for the Office of Executive Director, including e-mail, phone calls, and letters.
• Board, Executive Committee, Director’s and similar meeting preparation including agendas, creating and circulating board packets, oversight of meeting logistics, board member communication and scheduling, preparation and distribution of board minutes. Manage Board Member online files and calendar.
• Point of Contact for Board Members: Prepare materials for board meeting, coordinate and attend board meetings to take minutes, distribute handouts, and provide setup including A/V, place cards, food & beverage needs, and clean up after the meeting. Note: Board Meeting attendance is required.
• Management and staff meeting attendance as required.
• Office logistics including management of cleaning and general appearance, office equipment support/maintenance.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies through purchasing department; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Reception, phones, receiving; daily knowledge of staff comings & goings.
• Manage office conference room scheduling.
• Supply visitors with parking validations or tokens (where appropriate). Monitor stock of tokens and parking validations and replenish as needed.
• Maintain petty cash and reconcile monthly.
• Mail pick-up and posting, intra-office circulation (own transportation required).
• Purchase and setup food & beverage for weekly staff gatherings (own transportation required).
• Must consistently maintain timelines and meet deadlines.
• Professionalism: Cordial demeanor, friendly personality, and attentive to physical appearance &tidiness of surroundings.
• Bachelor degree required.
• Five or more years of executive administrative experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word (with mail merge), Excel, PowerPoint.
• Experience with A/V setup and operation.
• Professional communication skills and highly developed people skills.
• Excellent business writing & typing skills.
• Ability to gather and summarize data and to design, prepare, and format reports as needed.
• Very detail oriented, ability to multi task, and highly organized.
• Ability to assess and manage multiple competing priorities.
• Must be a self motivator and work well under pressure in a team environment.
• Possess a high degree of initiative, integrity, and accuracy.
• Reliable transportation for running errands, as needed.
How to Apply: To apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, up to five professional references, and any relevant portfolio
material to Chris Davies, email@example.com, as soon as possible. This position is open
until filled. Application materials will not be returned, so please send only duplicates.
The Leonardo is an equal-opportunity employer for all persons without regard to sex, race,
religion, color, national origin, age, physical, mental or educational disability, sexual orientation,
and/or status as a veteran.
Closing Date: 05/12/2011
Salary: Dependent on experience
Contact Name: CHRISTOPHER DAVIES