Job Opening: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, Repertory Dance Theatre
Position: Part-time leading to a full-time position
- Part-time,(non-exempt) hourly wage, 20 hours per week, Feb 1,-June 30 2013
- Full-time, Exempt , beginning July 1, 2013
Reportable To: Executive / Artistic Director
The Development Director is responsible for identifying, analyzing, and developing sources of financial support from cash and in-kind contributions at a level sufficient to ensure RDT’s financial stability (approximately one third of RDT’s operating income). The position will assist to maximize revenue by broadening RDT’s base of financial support from contributed income, grants, and sponsorships from foundations, corporations, individuals and tax-based public agencies. The Director of Development serves as a secondary representative for RDT in the community and also manages the fundraising activity of volunteers and board members with respect to special events, programs, specific projects and/ the general operation.
- Five years of successful fund raising/development (or comparable) experience. Prior experience in the arts is helpful
- Strong knowledge of the Salt Lake City/Utah business community.
- Strong writing skills.
- Planning expertise and the ability to develop creative fund raising strategies and goals to support and organization’s vision and mission.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with people from a wide range of backgrounds and personalities, including business leaders, board members, patrons, artists, government officials, volunteers, and office colleagues.
- Must have high standards of excellence and a continuous improvement orientation.
- Must be computer proficient, i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
Application close March 1, 2013
Please submit a letter of interest, letters of reference and resume to:
Repertory Dance Theatre
Att: Linda C. Smith, Executive/Artistic Director
P.O. Box 510427, Salt Lake City, UT 84151